Our Branch was formed in 1938, 10th August, and meetings were held behind a butchers/hairdressers business. This was before there was a desperate need for a Baby Health Centre in the area, so our CWA rooms were built in 1950/1951, at a cost of approx. $4000.00, as a Baby Health Centre which meant the local community had a full time nurse available. The rooms have not changed much over the years except for relocating the toilets to inside the building.
Merimbula joined Pambula in 1999 and so was formed the Pambula-Merimbula Branch as it is today.
Head Office has ratified our new rebuilding process.